If what you need is a basic course on Agile and Scrum in order to get your team started, look no further! Agile Fundamentals is our two-days basic course we deliver to teams who are willing to start working with agile methods.
This two-day course gives the basics of agility: what are the origins of agility, why we believe it is needed in a modern organisation, a solid understanding of Scrum and optionally of Kanban, the understanding of the various team roles and a basic introduction to the engineering practices.
The course is designed flexibly so we can adapt it to your needs: from beginners to teams who are already using agility in practice but want to finally understand why it works – we have delivered it in many possible configurations. We even have two one-day versions as agile introduction for management and for non-IT people. We will work for you to deliver the flavour you need: just share your needs with us!
This course is available only in-house.
If you are interested in having this course as an in-house please tell us about it using the form below and we’ll come back to you with updated information.
The training is based on the most modern techniques for adult education and is a balanced mix of frontal lesson and practical activities directed to the integration of the learned content in the daily operations of the participants.
We will use plenty of case studies, where possible coming from the participants.
The course is intended as the starting course on agility to be customised to the needs of the actual class. As such it is a perfect choice for all professional figures who want to work with agility: developers, testers, architects, managers, …
- What is Agility and why do we need it?
- Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum: activities, roles, artefacts
- “Active Principles” of Scrum: why does it work?
- Scrum Team dynamics
- Scrum increment and its value
- Product Backlog and its lifecycle
- User Stories
- Introduction to some basic principles of Lean
- Agile project planning
- Optional: introduction to Kanban
- Optional: Scaling Agility
- Optional: introduction to agile technical practices
The course is also available in two other variants tailored to the typical needs in organisations:
- Agile for Managers: an introductory day focused on the management issues of the agile organisation and on the important topics of an agile transformation. The course is designed to inform business leaders about what it means to face an agile transformation and what structural changes are needed to achieve concrete results.
- Agile 101: an introductory day for professionals who want to understand what agility is, but who will not be involved in an agile team
The course can be delivered in English, German or Italian.
The training material is in English.
Very interesting sssion, lot of interactions & discussions among participants.
Good activities and interactions and a lot of examples. Should be attended by the whole organisation, from management/business to developers.
Practical group exercises to “get to the point”!
This course is not limited to Scrum only, but also gives good insights on team management and human psychology.
The course is really good. I could learn a lot. The presentation and the visual materials of the course are impressive. The interactive exercises help a lot to understand!